Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Revelation

Thanks to a new friend, I thought about some things last night. The reason why I am here is not determined by my past, but by God. God directs my moves, be it big or small, in His complete sovereignty. I often find myself thinking that because of a circumstance or a person, that I am here. Tis not true. I am here not because of a mistake, not because of a relationship, not because of a rhyme or reason. I found myself giving props to a problem in my life for bringing me to this point, which is not reality. I gave someone or something more credit than was due. I am here because of God, nothing more, nothing less. My past does not dictate who I am or what my future will be. I am not defined by an event, but my identity. I must first let go of what I think of myself to face what I am. So simple, but so hard. Until another revelation...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that's amazing.
Faith is so hard to grasp sometimes.

Erin Gail said...

oh my. i needed to read that.